For more than 18 years, Charles Carnes has worked with senior leaders in a variety of organizations to produce measurably superior and sustainable results in business performance. His work spans a range of industries, including oil and gas, financial services, communications, manufacturing, consumer products, and government.
Charles works as a collaborative partner with his clients to identify the complex cause-and-effect relationships that drive results and to co-create solutions that address their most important performance improvement opportunities. Charles’ expertise includes:
- Creating alignment and accountability mechanisms to support strategy execution and business plan deployment
- Improving leadership team and work group effectiveness by creating shared accountability for collective results and establishing team performance agreements in the areas of enhanced decision making, conflict resolution, and giving and receiving feedback
- Redesigning business processes and performance management systems
- Coaching and developing managers and leaders through the use of self-assessments, 360° feedback, personal observation, coaching, and formal teaching and education
- Assessing organizational culture and leading culture change efforts
Some of Charles’ accomplishments included directing a Fortune 50 company-wide reliability improvement effort that clarified roles and responsibilities and changed key behaviors for more than 600 employees in Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering. For the maintenance function in a Fortune 50 manufacturing organization, Charles led a client team through the redesign and implementation of a new routine maintenance process. The effort established new performance indicators and clarified roles and responsibilities in the areas of work prioritization, planning, and scheduling.
Charles earned a B.S. degree in Biology from Wofford College and an M.A. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. He is an Accredited Certified Coach with the International Coach Federation and also certified in the use of the Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument. Prior to joining CLG, Charles was a Principal with Decision Metrics, Inc.